Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2020

 

 

 

 

THE GREAT CHICKEN REBELLION OF 2020 PT. 3


 

This wasn’t done out of malice. It wasn’t a case of, “Give these new nests two very large feathers down after all the work we did, will you? Well, we’ll show you! Here goes your other beloved laying spots and see how you like that! “  Those who laid there weren’t even the ones I was irritated with. No, this was a case of necessity. It was also a case of despicable timing.  

      The structures were rickety and in need of dismantling before they came down, possibly on me. Personally, I was thrilled. I’d been wanting a new building to be constructed for a long time. I didn’t give any thought to the hens who had used it faithfully day in and day out all during laying season. Why, they had those nice new nests they could use, instead.

     So, we set to work, my sister and I, and, armed with claw hammers and a crowbar, we loosened nails and took apart what was already fast heading that way. We were proud of ourselves. We felt capable and strong. I even took a photo of our handwork and texted a copy to another sister who was very impressed. The hens, however, not so much. In fact, they were very much the opposite and the revolt to end all revolts had just begun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

      THE BEST LAID PLANS -PT. 1           I never planned to have a farm. Not once did I ever think, “Gee, I’d like to find out what ...